GBP27000 - 32000 / annum
June 20, 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is proud to be working with Talking Talent in an exclusive partnership to recruit Assistant Accountant on a part-time permanent basis to join their established team based in Wallingford. This exciting role within this rapidly growing business would be a great step for an AAT qualified or QBE (Qualified By Experience) candidate to further their skill set and experience as they progress into additional markets and further their impact in the world of business coaching.
The company was established in 2005 and has played a big part of developing the female talent pipeline; through their coaching and research they have helped to save clients £millions by retaining and progressing their most talented women. Having delivered coaching to over 10,000 women and 4,000 senior managers of all genders in a multitude of sectors, Talking Talent are in a great position to grow globally, specifically through EMEA, US and develop the Asia/South Pacific market.
Since its inception the team has doubled in headcount over the past 3 years and increased its global workforce. At present, Talking Talent is the leading provider of coaching for working parents in the UK and their work in developing the female talent pipeline more holistically has seen significant growth over the past 18 months. It's great to see so many organisations taking significant strides forward as they address diversity at senior levels.
Part-Time Assistant Accountant (c.28 hours per week) - Permanent - £27,000 - £32,000
Due to growth and internal promotion, this new and exciting position has arisen and is designed to work closely with the Head of Finance, to maintain all month end activities, prepare monthly management accounts across the group and oversee the work of two finance assistants.
Main responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for UK, US and APAC companies
- Performing all journal entries, including accruals, prepayments, intercompany sales reconciliations and adjustments
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with production of sales and margin reporting
- Working closely with the Head of Finance in the global budget and forecasting processes
- Preparation and submission of VAT and EC Sales List and assisting the Head of Finance with other international tax matters arising from international trading
- Review of credit control processes and overseeing Finance Assistant in debt collection
- Working with Head of Finance to continually review, develop and document finance processes
- Onboarding new client relationships into our finance systems
- Foreign exchange processing and management of international funds transfers
- Assisting with year-end statutory audit
- Any other ad-hoc duties as directed by the Head of Finance
This position can be flexible for the right person, and ideally the candidate will work 28 hours per week, spread across four or five days.
- Experience within a similar role covering month end management accounts preparation
- AAT Qualified or QBE (Qualified By Experience)
- Confident user of Excel; vlookups
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Hard work ethic
Salary & Benefits
- £27,000 - £32,000 (full-time equivalent)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- On-site parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement