GBP55000 - 65000 / annum
2nd November 2017
Financial Controller to be based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Managing a sizeable team of transactional reports and working with a large portfolio of businesses. up to £65,000 per annum plus car
Robert Half is working in partnership with Jonas Software to recruit a Financial Controller to join their newly refurbished office based in Wallingford on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and forward thinking organisation that has seen growth both organically and through acquisition. This team supports a sizeable portfolio of businesses.
SOUNDS GREAT, DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
With the opportunity to add value across Jonas Software's largest portfolio of businesses, you will be a structured Financial Controller/Manager looking to work within a fast paced and entrepreneurial setting. You will ideally demonstrate a mix of financial reporting/analysis, experience leading transactional activities, integration of new acquisitions and be afforded a chance to grow and develop in the same way your direct team members will.
WHO ARE JONAS SOFTWARE?
Jonas Software is a leading provider of vertical market software companies, which are businesses that specialise in near-bespoke solutions to fit the need of hundreds or thousands of potential clients requiring a specialised solution to run their business. Examples of these types of enterprise management solutions are for Country & Golf Clubs, Foodservice & Clinical Nutrition, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Metal Centres, Hotels & Resorts, Salons & Spas, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of 70+ distinct brands over 17 major vertical markets, which are respected leaders within their own domain.
Jonas' vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognised by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of 'Software for Life' and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,200 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is itself one of six divisions owned by Constellation Software Inc., all focused on vertical markets software businesses, headquartered in Toronto and traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange and is part of the TSX 60 Index.
WHERE WILL I BE POSITIONED WITHIN THE BUSINESS?
The Financial Controller will be a key member within a high growth and high performing area of the Jonas Software Group reporting to a Senior Business Manager. You will oversee and ensure the smooth running of the finance function set across two locations in Wallingford, Oxfordshire and Wythall, Birmingham alongside a team weighted towards transactional finance.
Alongside this you will also be responsible for the integration of future acquisitions and partnering with non-finance personnel for areas of impact to their business.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES TO TAKE ON THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and challenge the business heads with Group's Quarterly Strategic Review process
- Responsible for the end-to-end process for financial transactions including billing, accounts payable, cash allocation and credit control
- Ensuring integrity of financial transactions for accurate monthly management accounting and balance sheet reporting
- Identify and investigate variances against benchmarks, provide analysis of differences and explore potential problems with financial and non-financial department heads
- Take the lead on various projects, including new acquisition integrations
- Liaising with personnel from non-financial backgrounds and business partnering
- Leading process improvement and redesign projects alongside ongoing management of change initiatives including system implementation and automation
- Support the Portfolio Controller to ensure compliance with all statutory and taxation matters including: PAYE, NI, Corporation Tax and VAT
- Maintain company secretarial records and filings
- Assisting in Tax planning
What skills do I need?
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant
- Strong commercial acumen and financial analysis skills
- People management, leadership and mentoring
- Project management
- Knowledge of IFRS is advantageous
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement