GBP59400 - 59400 / annum
July 10, 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are partnering with Center Parcs Longleat Forest to appoint a Financial Controller.
Center Parcs UK opened its first village in Sherwood Forest in July 1987, providing short break holidays in the forest on a year-round basis. Now, Center Parcs has five villages across the UK: Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire; Elveden Forest in Suffolk; Longleat Forest in Wiltshire; Whinfell Forest in Cumbria and Woburn Forest in Bedfordshire. As a leader in the UK short break holiday market, Center Parcs occupies a unique position enjoying annual occupancy rate in excess of 97%.
The Longleat village is 400-acres and features a landscape of rolling hills and valleys, they offer more than 200 indoor and outdoor activities to choose from, you can take your pick from adrenaline-fuelled thrills, calming creative activities and relaxing spa treatments, as well as a range of watersports.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the management of all financial aspects of the operation of the village. The Financial Controller should challenge, protect and maintain controls working with senior management teams to ensure the best financial output achieved and also to ensure all financial entries are accurate and posted in a timely manner. The role is also linked to Duty Village Management responsibilities.
- Manage and develop the team through the use of mentoring and coaching to refine and enhance the skill base of the finance department in order to continuously add value to the village.
- Undertake Duty Management on a rota basis, including overseeing operational standards, health and safety, incident management and the protection and enhancement of guest experience.
- Oversee the management of the period end process to ensure results are produced in a timely and accurate manner for the benefit of both the Village and Head Office reporting requirements.
- Development of the wider management team on village to provide them with the financial and commercial skill set they require to operate, understand, develop and influence their results.
- Challenge the result, regardless of unit or division to ensure we are getting the best possible results from our village.
- Manage the preparation of timely and accurate annual budgets, periodic forecasts and business plans.
- Provide financial input, analysis and advice on group initiatives.
- Control village capital expenditure. Ensure all projects conform to CAPEX guidelines.
- Critical investigation and analysis of the business information. Highlight and lead areas of opportunity including the preparation of financial appraisals.
- Challenge process and ensure best practice in terms of controls and process across all units and divisions.
- Identify, evaluate and share ideas for process improvement or efficiency savings - irrespective of unit, division or village.
- Actively promote the use of commercial thinking to continuously improve business performance.
- To fulfil the responsibilities designated for the appropriate position in the "Responsibilities for Health and Safety" section of the company's Health and Safety Policy and to execute all duties in a manner that conforms to appropriate Health and Safety Policies and procedures.
- To assess the impact on our environment of any tasks undertaken both on the use of products, equipment, or purchases. Forward any ideas for improvement of processes/products or any actual achievements to your Manager or departmental EMS (Environmental Management System) Co-ordinator for informal incorporation into company operating procedures, thus keeping alive the company aim to protect, maintain and improve the environment.
- Any other duties that may be required by your Manager or the Company, providing you have been adequately trained to execute them. These duties may be required from time to time or on a permanent basis.
- Ability to communicate with and influence a wide audience.
- Proven financial analysis skills.
- Experience in managing a team.
- CIMA, ACCA OR ACA qualified.
- Experience of multi-unit reporting.
Salary & Benefits
- £59,400 per annum.
- 19% bonus.
- Discounted breaks.
- 40x day passes for yourself and friends.
- Use of on-site leisure facilities.
- 31 days holiday.
- Private Healthcare.
- Company Pension Scheme.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice