GBP20000 - 45000 / annum
6th December 2017
Robert Half are partnering with a lively, forward thinking and growing accountancy business based in Wells. They are looking for an Assistant Accountant or Accountant to take on a portfolio of clients.
Robert Half are partnering with a lively, forward thinking and growing accountancy business based in Wells. They are looking for an Accountant to take on a portfolio of clients.
It is a family owned and run company, with a strong ethos of looking after staff and clients alike. The staff work closely as a team, and everyone has considerable face to face time with their clients. This is not a company where only the directors get to see the clients!
They pride themselves on up taking new technological developments, this was one of the first small companies to adopt cloud based systems for itself and its clients, and it continues to move with, or even in advance of the times. Thanks to this approach, they can work with individuals and companies across the world.
Undertake the following for your portfolio of clients depending on their needs:
- Preparing year-end accounts
- Tax returns
- VAT returns
- Management Accounts
- Companies House Matters
- Business Plans for Bank Loans.
- Supporting clients with the use of online accounting software and, where appropriate, training clients in the use of these packages in preparation for Making Tax Digital.
- AAT level 4 is preferable, for the higher salary ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Experience using Xero and QuickBooks is preferable
- Ability to network comfortably in formal and informal situations
- Be able to work well within a close team, being prepared to share work and responsibilities as and when workload demands.
- Probusiness has clients all around the UK and abroad, so there will be some opportunity to travel, most often to London where the company has an increasing portfolio of clients. A clean driving licence and own transport will therefore be a requirement.
Salary & Benefits
- £20,000-£45,000 (Depending on Experience)
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays (Rising to 25 with tenure)
- Pension Plan
- 37.5 hour working week -09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch break.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement