GBP20000 - 24000 / annum
2nd February 2018
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently recruiting for an Accountant Assistant to join a Large Housing Association based in the Oldbury Area. Reporting to the Finance Manager, working within a team of 8. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who keen to apply their current skill set whilst developing new skills whilst growing in their role.
This is a growing business and my client is looking for the right individual to be pro-active, have a passion for Accounting and Finance and looking for the next step in their career. You will have a minimum of two years' experience working in an accounts environment and be able to build with your colleagues.
The successful candidate will have experience in understanding the ledgers and assist with putting management accounts together. My client is keen to find the right candidate and will offer full training and support. Other responsibilities will include:
- Accurately reflected on the Association's Nominal Ledger, being updated on a monthly basis within the Management Accounts timetable.
- To reconcile on a monthly basis the Fixed Asset Control Accounts incorporating expenditure and grant income.
- To prepare for review by the Senior Finance Officer - Capital Accounting the cost and grant allocation journals to be posted to the Project Ledger.
- To assist the Senior Finance Officer - Capital Accounting in the preparation of scheme reports to reconcile costs with the Association's In-House Construction function.
- To prepare on a monthly basis for review by the Senior Finance Officer - Capital Accounting data and journals in respect of property sales.
- To prepare on a monthly basis for review by the Senior Finance Officer - Capital Accounting a reconciliation of surplus/deficit in respect of disposals.
-To complete on a monthly basis the recoding of SHG in respect of disposals.
This is a very exciting role to develop in your career and work very closely with the Finance Manager, applying current skills whilst developing new skills.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is £18,000-£22,000
If you are interested in working for a company that will provide study support and endless opportunities for progression, please contact me via:
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement