Purchase Ledger Clerk
Location : West Bromwich
Post Date : 02 March 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Job Order Number : 469176
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half have been appointed to work with a large organisation in West Bromwich, to appoint a Temporary to Permanent Purchase Ledger Clerk.
Our client is currently recruiting for a self-motivated Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their Finance Department on temp-to-perm basis. They are seeking a confident, approachable individual who can work both independently and as part of a large team. The role of Purchase Ledger Clerk will be varied and busy, and duties will include:
- Managing purchase ledger
- Match, batch, coding & processing high volume of invoices
- Control and reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Running payment runs
- Entering and coding non stock invoices
- Maintaining spreadsheets
- Liaising with suppliers
- Maintaining cashbooks in excel
- Daily reconciliations
- Assisting with month end
- Contacting the various departments by telephone or email
- You will also be responsible for calculating artist royalties on a monthly basis
- Other ad-hoc duties
The Successful Candidate will:
- Already have a great track record in the control and maintenance of a Purchase Ledger system as well as good in depth knowledge of the purchasing process.
- Have experience processing 100+ invoices a day
- Have experience of Sage and proficiency in Excel is also required.
- Have a previous track-record in a similar finance role is a necessity
- Be confident in manipulating large volumes of data
- Be motivated and have a flexible attitude to work
- Have a willingness to embrace and develop new skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines
- Display self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative
This role will last for 3 months on a temporary basis before converting to a permanent position. It will start ASAP and be based in West Bromwich. The role will pay circa £10 per hour dependent on experience.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your latest CV along with an overview of your suitability and we will be in touch ASAP.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
B4 6AT Birmingham