Accounts Receivable/Accounts Assistant
GBP14 - 16 / hour
17th May 2019
Accounting and Finance
Temporary Accounts Receivable/Accounts Assistant
W. Byfleet, 9 - 12 month maternity cover - £14 - £16 per hour
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are working with a consultancy organisation to recruit a bright and tenacious temporary Accounts Receivable/Accounts Assistant based near W. Byfleet.
Our client is a high-end consultancy organisation who are looking to hire an interim Accounts Receivable/Accounts Assistant to help the finance team with a maternity cover.
Reporting to the FC, this individual will work closely with all finance team members and wider business employees. The main responsibilities of the AR Accounts Assistant are the accurate and timely production of client invoices (across the Group), debt collection and related activities, cash flow forecasting and management of the Group's CID (funding) Facility. The role is highly varied, with responsibilities encompassing a range of accounts receivable tasks as well as broader support to the accounts function, assisting in the monthly production of numerous entity and Group management accounts and KPIs.
This is likely to be a 9 - 12 month assignment with good prospects. The successful Accounts Receivable/Accounts Assistant needs to be able to start within a week.
- Ensure that the Group's IT platform is working as expected for all group companies in relation to the customer invoicing and job set-up areas, reporting problems or inconsistencies where they arise.
- Assist with control improvements through the review of processes and procedure.
- Assist in projects to improve the processes and controls in place.
- Ensure that all new projects are set-up accurately and completed on a timely basis in accordance with the company's internal procedures
- Ensure the accuracy and timely completion of all client invoices prepared monthly, taking account of any withholding taxes and other billing complexities.
- Ensure that where inaccuracies/rejections occur in the invoicing process these are accurately reported to ensure that this are captured as part of the Finance team KPIs.
- Participate and actively contribute in weekly finance team meetings, suggesting process improvements and assisting the FC in implementing these.
- Follow the written process for debt collection and in particular the formal escalation steps to the wider business to aid the Group debt collection
- Maintain the finance team monthly KPIs
- Maintain regular communication with the company's operations teams to ensure that specific matters in relations to consultant's invoices and payments are handled in a timely fashion and Finance have a full understanding of the invoicing instructions per the client from the outset of all new projects.
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the business, deputising for others where necessary to ensure that the team's objectives and deadlines are met each month
- Review / Prepare the monthly invoices for all live projects in the month and ensure that at least 95% of all invoices have been sent to clients within 8 Working Days of the month end, and where necessary obtain appropriate approval from >80% of client Invoicing.
- Be responsible for all the Group's credit control and cash collection matters, including sending weekly updates to the business advising on overdue debtors and escalating any debt recoverability issues to Directors, as appropriate.
- Update the short-term daily cash forecast for the Group's multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional, Group Treasury function for cash receipts into the Group's bank accounts
- Be responsible for managing the Group's Confidential Invoice Discounting Facility and providing the funder with the monthly reporting requirements in addition to ensuring that the company obtains the maximum value to draw from the Facility. Research, explain and resolve any variances between our respective ledgers.
- Actively monitor the reserve/retention levels within the Group's invoice discounting facility and work with the funding partner to minimise these retentions to maximise the Group's cash headroom
- Prepare monthly management accounts (P&L and BS) for certain Group entities, including all Balance Sheet reconciliations, margin analysis per project and division, and overhead variance analysis
- Ad-hoc financial analysis and support
Our client is a consultancy company with a contemporary office based near W. Byfleet. They will be moving offices in summer 2020 so will need to be prepared to travel to Woking depending on the length of the assignment. They have free on-site parking with a great culture and incentives.
Salary & Benefits
£14 - £16 per hour including on-site parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750