GBP40000 - 55000 / annum
A position for a Fund Controller has arisen within a small Fund Administration team for a well-known Asset Manager. The remit of the team is wide ranging with daily interaction across the business. The successful applicant will work closely with the Head of Fund Administration to ensure that net asset value (NAV) calculations and attributions of income are accurate and error-free. This involves validating that all trades are captured, asset valuations are current and appropriate, accruals are stated accurately and future cash flows are correctly reflected. This role presents excellent opportunity for growth. Robert Half Financial Services.
Fund Controller key responsibilities include:
· Undertake day-to-day duties as necessary and provide coverage during periods of high volumes or unexpected absences.
· Ensure defined standards, procedures and policies are appropriately followed, identifying potential efficiencies.
· Ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met, both individually and as a team.
· Escalate exceptions and issues in a timely manner to Head of Fund Administration and Global Head of Operations as appropriate.
· On-going review of processes and procedures to help identify areas for improvement which will maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
· Develop good working relations with other departments (Investment Managers, Legal, Risk Management and Control, Distribution, Finance and HR) and third party service providers.
· Reconcile cash, security and foreign exchange transactions from custodians and ensure timely resolution of transaction breaks.
· Ensure investment transactions are efficiently and appropriately structured and recorded.
· Produce timely and accurate fund figures / forecasts for Finance, Distribution and Front Office.
· Respond to business, client and third party queries in a timely and efficient manner.
Weekly / Monthly:
· Manage all aspects of fund cash inflows and outflows including investment and fund income and expenses, distributions, fee invoicing and expense payments as well as subscriptions and redemptions.
· Review and validate portfolio valuations across equities, derivatives and fixed income securities.
· Reconcile and approve NAVs from administrators and custodians within specified deadlines whilst ensuring timely resolution of any discrepancies and / or queries.
· Participate in and or contribute to project work as required.
· Support internal, client and regulatory audit requirements.
· Perform other duties as assigned and incidental to the work described above.
Key Competencies Required for the Fund Controller
· Minimum of 5 years experience in the administration of funds at a global custodian or fund administrator.
· Demonstrate an understanding of funds, fund structures, fund operations, fee calculations and trading strategies.
· Excellent knowledge of all instruments types and particular familiarity with emerging markets.
· Ability to work under pressure, to prioritise and multiple tasks.
· Strong organisational, problem solving and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Competence in the use of data rich systems, such as portfolio accounting systems and reconciliation systems, as well as excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Salary & Benefits
This London based Asset Management Firm are very competitive with salary also offering a strong bonus scheme as well as health benefits. Robert Half Financial Services.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.