GBP325 / day
February 27, 2018
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently working with a large property company who are looking for a Group Accountant to come on board for a minimum of 6 months paying up to £325 a day.
Report directly into the Group Financial Controller alongside other team members;
* Ownership of the group consolidation, which forms the basis for the monthly management accounts, Annual Report & Accounts, and the Interim financial statements;
* Drive improvement in the consolidation process, working alongside the Group Systems Accountant to identify where automation can be used, and identifying areas improvement across the entire process;
* Provide guidance to the Business Unit teams to ensure consolidation adjustments are being processed accurately and on a timely basis;
* Own the group cash flow statement model;
* Input into the production of the monthly management internal reporting pack, along with other Board papers, for presentation to the Board;
* Oversee strict compliance with Group reporting deadlines.
Activities and Duties
* Preparation of the Group consolidation and the primary statements each month, with focus at Half Year, Interim Audit and Year End;
* Production of instructions for Half-Yearly, Interim and Year End reporting for use by the reporting teams within the wider group;
* Preparation of notes within the Annual Report & Accounts and Interim Financial Statements (including segmental reporting);
* Liaising with external auditors, providing support for all consolidation journals;
* Keeping up-to-date with latest accounting developments to ensure accurate reporting;
* Working alongside the Business Unit, Group Finance and Group Tax teams to ensure all underlying ledgers align with the Group consolidation inputs;
* Supporting the Group Technical Accountant and Group Financial Controller to ensure that key areas of accounting judgement are being consistently accounted for across the Group;
* Supporting the Group FP&A team with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and supporting analysis;
* Driving improvements to the consolidation processes, both in terms of the information produced and methods of capturing required data.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement