Hedge Fund/ Asset Management Trade Support
Location : West End
Post Date : 17 March 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Job Order Number : 470150
Line of Business : Financial Services
Robert Half Financial Services are currently a West End based Hedge Fund/ Asset Manager to hire a Trade Support/ Operations Analyst to join their team on a temporary-to-permanent basis.
The role will involve not only the full Trade Support across multiple Asset Classes including Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Derivatives and Futures; but also involving the Fund Administration/ NAV Operations.
The Team currently consists of five people covering the implementation of their strategy, subsequent P&L reporting, trade operational support and oversight of their third party administrators. They are in the process of new investment product roll-outs, systems upgrades and process automation and require a flexible and adaptable individual who can operate semi-autonomously, working with both business operations and investment strategy members to manage the accounts and performance reporting across their hedge funds and private wealth management accounts.
- Responsibility for the accurate maintenance of internal books and records
- Assist in preparation of internal P&L reporting
- Daily reconciliation of portfolio's against custodian records
- Oversight of external fund administration
- Liaise with administrators and custodians to provide seamless connectivity and fund valuations
- Provide holiday cover for internal fund accountant
- Liaise with investment strategy team on new assets, strategies and products
- Escalate any valuation issues to management
- Assist in some internal management reporting
Qualifications and Experience Necessary:
- Good knowledge of a broad set of financial products and their operating characteristics.
- High level of understanding of fund accounting and producing fund valuations
- Advanced Excel
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) - must be a confident and effective <li>communicator at all levels
- Good knowledge of FSA regulations
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to meet and adhere to deadlines
- Good at prioritising and time-management
Salary & Benefits
Temporary Equivalent of between £40 k pa- £45 k pa, so £180 per day- £200 per day.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
32 London Bridge Street
SE1 9SG London