IT Infrastructure Support Specialist
Location : West End
Post Date : 07 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 469366
Line of Business : IT
IT Infrastructure Support Specialist - Global Luxury Retail Business - Central London - Permanent
As a business we own several of the world's leading companies in the field of luxury goods, with particular strengths in jewellery, luxury watches and premium accessories. Founded nearly 30 years ago we now employ over 30,000 across 30 different countries.
Our UK operation is growing and we employ around 900 people across our London offices. With that in mind we manage a lot of our IT infrastructure locally in the UK although some aspects are still controlled from our head office in Central Europe.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading and prestige business with opportunities for technical/ personal advancement.
We are now looking for a skilled IT Infrastructure Support Analyst to join our London team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will join a team of 3 in the Infrastructure team reporting to the Infrastructure manager. You'll take escalated support issues from the IT Support department as well as maintaining/ enhancing our UK systems. This role could be classed as 2nd/3rd line Support/Engineering.
- Work closely with other IT teams, to successful resolve escalated tickets, maintain regular contact with the Group IT teams in EU HQ to ensure that the UK is up to date with group strategy, procedures and solutions. As well as provide mentoring and support for the Service Desk technicians
- Support other Technical teams in the planning, installation, implementation, testing, and support of solutions.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and assistance to colleagues
- Manage relationships with key personal within the supported brands and at a technical level with the relevant external suppliers.
- Administration of the MS environment including Server Network Design, Change management, Security, Patching and auditing requirements, Selection, procurement, installation, maintenance, support, monitoring hardware/software, data is secured and backed up.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Technical responsibility for fixing and maintaining the systems under the team's control.
- Perform routine tasks for system maintenance across the estate
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for continuous improvement in the products, processes, services and tools the team uses to deliver support our users and clients.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
Skills Experiences Required
Essential Technical Skills:
- Windows Server, AD, DNS, Outlook, GPO
- Immediate understanding of VMware
- TCP /IP, Cisco switching/ Routing
As many as the following would be very advantageous but not essential:
- MS Forefront Identity Management (FIM), Lync, EMC NAS/SAN environment, HyperV, Citrix, SQL, Netbackup, Cisco Wireless Controller, Riverbed, Solarwinds, Cisco Call Manager, VoIP, QoS, Dell Hardware. Scripting (Powershell)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Relationship management
- Technical expertise (minimum of 4 years technical experience)
- Quality management
£38,000 - £42,000 (Good Bonus & Benefits)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
32 London Bridge Street
SE1 9SG London