4th July 2019
Linux DevOps Engineer - Central London - Growing FinTech Business
We are a fast growing FinTech business established in 2012 operating within the financial service trading exchange industry. We operate in one of the most innovative and disruptive industries and technology is at the forefront of what we do.
Based in the City of London, we are a successful and profitable early stage business with aggressive revenue growth. We believe in simplicity, operational efficiency and working together as a team. This is a chance to join when the technology is still open to significant change. It would suit a gifted technologist who is keen on taking ownership and making a substantial impact in a fast moving and creative Fintech start-up environment.
The Linux focused solutions engineer will work with other members of the team to maintain and enhance our live production technical systems. The role will focus on Linux operating systems, cloud technologies (AWS) and automation tools.
- To support and ensure the availability of trading platform and supporting infrastructure and environments.
- To perform and manage the release process of builds to QA and Production environments and automate release builds and workflow.
- To respond to incidents and problems as they arise as well as providing support and troubleshooting for production and development systems.
- Participate in architectural design and system refactoring to improve resiliency and performance.
- Define disaster recovery procedures and business continuity processes.
- Plan for future capacity and proactive monitoring of systems performance with ownership of these tools.
- Continuously improve the team, tools and processes, support regular agile releases of applications and architectural improvements.
- Contribute to the development of our continuous improvement process and DevOps culture.
Strong Linux Systems administration skills are key
A strong general knowledge of Infrastructure
Personable character, eager to get stuck in!
Any AWS knowledge, automation tools experience or scripting experience would be useful but can be learnt on the job
If you're looking for a position where you can make a real difference and use the latest and greatest tools available, then we'd like to hear from you!
Location - Central London WC2A
Salary - £50,000 - £62,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900