£46,000.00 - £50,000.00 / annum
2nd July 2019
Network Engineer - Leading Global Commodities Business - Central London - Permanent
We are a Fortune 100 global leader in the downstream marketing and financing of aviation, marine and land fuel. We have revenues in excess of $30 Billion, a global footprint of 48 office locations serving over 200 countries and territories, and over 4700 employees based in 25 countries.
Our growing London IT department are now looking for a permanent Network Engineer to join our global infrastructure team. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for all the Network infrastructure, work in in Agile team and report up to the IT Operations Manager in London, working closely and aligned to the global infrastructure team.
- Design, implementation, and management of typical enterprise network technologies (i.e. VPN, firewalls, ACS, IDS, SIEM, WiFi, Switches, routers, etc.)
- Required demonstrable expertise in as many of the following technologies and protocols:
- Routers, Switches, Wireless Controllers, ACS, Prime, and IOS from multiple vendors (Cisco, Arista, Dell, Juniper, etc…)
- Next generation firewalls such as Fortinet and Palo Alto
- Load Balancers such as Citrix NetScalers and F5
- WAN accelerator technologies
- DNS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, IPSec, Tunnels, ACLs, WAN acceleration, traffic shaping, QoS
- Variety of network topologies (i.e. MPLS, SDWAN, VPN, VLAN, etc.)
- General expertise on securing and hardening infrastructure including IDS, Web Content Filtering, and DLP
- General expertise on Cloud based solutions like AWS, Azure and others (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) would be beneficial but not essential
If you're a skilled network engineer with a broad skillset covering switching, routing and firewalls across various Cisco products then we would like to hear from you, we're looking at CCNP level engineers, but you do not necessarily have to have the certification! The role will have a large project focus and as a business we are constantly looking at how new technologies can better our environment.
We are a market leader and expanding quickly, there has never been a better time to join our well-regarded IT department!
£45,000 - £50,000 + Good Bonus (10-20%) & Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900