Senior Voice Engineer
GBP65000 - 76000 / annum
March 6, 2018
Senior Voice Engineer - Investment Management/ Hedge Fund - London
We are a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. We now employ more 3500 people globally (500 of those being Investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies, and alternative investments). We now have offices in 20 different countries.
Due to continued growth we are now looking for a skilled Senior Voice Network Engineer to join the London team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be Energetic, highly motivated, goal oriented, Sr. Voice Systems Engineer to design and implement solutions in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The candidate will work in a team environment contributing technical expertise to the evaluation, design, build and delivery of complex solutions.
The candidate will apply technical expertise to the management, monitoring, and day-to-day support of a complex global voice / data network. Duties include installation of new communications infrastructure alongside exceptional documentation and project planning.
The senior role also requires the successful candidate to be an escalation point for the team and a role model/mentor for new starters.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze emerging voice and data network technologies and their applicability
- Perform pilot studies, testing and deployments that result from such analysis
- Interface with business units and other IT groups to understand their requirements
- Determine evolving end-user needs on an ongoing basis and explore solutions that meet those requirements
- Set design and configuration standards including, but not limited to, voice / collaboration platforms and software, QOS, network management, etc.
- Provide third and fourth level support to the operations team
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Assume ownership and accountability of escalated problem tickets and cross-discipline troubleshooting, problem solving and optimization efforts
Skills & Experiences required:
- 5+ years of Voice over IP / Collaboration experience including at least two years in a financial firm (beneficial)
- Have clear understanding of Cisco Voice network deployment models and understand functioning of voice network systems.
- Cisco unified communication manager
- Highly knowledgeable in VoIP protocols like SIP, H323 and MGCP
- Cisco UCS C series
- Knowledgeable with call recording systems
- CCVP or CCNP (beneficial)
Location: Mayfair, London
Salary: £60,000 - £77,000 + Bonus & Benefits
This is a uniquely challenging role. The size of both the team and firm allow for flexibility, a wide range of responsibilities along with a variety of technical challenges. In addition, our organization is beginning an exciting time as the responsibilities of the voice and data teams are being combined and with new data centre technology is being implemented. These challenges will present the Senior Voice Systems Engineer with significant opportunity for growth and to make his or her mark on the firm.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement