GBP45000 - 55000 / annum
16th May 2019
Robert Half are working with a well established, very successful investment Manager, based in the West End to hire a Settlements Analyst (Permanent). The settlements Analyst will hold day-to-day responsibility for
Affirmation and Settlement within the operations function.
- Equities and Bonds Matching
- CTM Matching Ensure CTM is monitored throughout the day with any discrepancies in Trade financials and Failed Settlement Notification to the custodian are resolved within Market, FX cut offs and Custodian SLA.
- Non-CTM Matching Ensure Manual confirmations are chased and received from counterparties for matching, Trade notifications should be instructed to Custody via their specific notification process within Market, FX cut offs and Custodian SLA. Must be able to manage expectations and keep the Operations Processing Manager fully aware of ongoing progress, priorities, risks and issues
- CIS Matching
- Ensure all booked trades on Symphony are matched where possible and are instructed to Custody via their specific notification process when confirmation available.
- Ensure contract notes are chased at the UTM/TA or custodian and the trade matched where possible. Instructions should be sent to Custody via their specific notification process when confirmation available.
- Process all Fund Switch instructions on the Clients system systems and at Custodian via Custodian specific notification method. Ensure the movements settle in reasonable timeframe.
- Derivative Matching and Settlement
- Ensure all ETD/OTC contracts are processed in accordance with procedures and in accordance with any deadlines for instructions and funding requirements.
- Monitoring the full life cycle of all derivative transactions and related confirm and settlement activity of both ETD and OTC contracts along with any associated administration.
- Support of the relationship and transactional operational management with all associated counterparties (Fund Admin/Clearer/Custody/3rd Party Vendors/Dealing Desk)
- Collateral Management
- Ensure daily proposed collateral movements are matched with counterparties within Cloud Margin / Acadia and any discrepancies are resolved.
- Facilitate the processing of monthly interest on all collateral balances.
- FX Matching
- Ensure any unmatched or mismatched FX trades on GTSS are resolved. All Trades requiring FX are enriched with relevant FX rates on the day processed. Ensure all FX FWDs are processed on Trade Date.
- Co-ordinate NET settlement on Forward FX positions by processing cash transfers between FX counterparts.
- Failed Trade Management
- Ensure all failed trade reports are received and reviewed on a daily basis. Take appropriate action to resolve issues and prevent from further delays to settlement. Escalate any problematic trades. Identify recurring problems and take steps to prevent.
- Additional Tasks (In addition to the core responsibilities above the following tasks will need to be completed)
- Other Duties
- Placing and IPO Processing -Ensure all Placing and IPO requests are processed and returned to the broker within set time-frame indicated on the placing letter. All custodian instructions should be sent via specific notification process.
- Broker Liaison - Responsibility for operational relationship with Brokers. Day to day relationship management and initial escalation of issues relating to settlements. Monitor issues and log in order to facilitate MI stats to assist in broker management
- SSI Management - Upkeep of settlement instructions and methods (for funds, OTC options etc) in Alert and internal database. Manage custodian and broker info in regards to settlement and be aware of any change to market practice.
- Market Opening - Coordinate any new market opening requests ensuring fit within current operational model, all risks and costs associated are highlighted.
- NAV Trade Notifications - Ensure all Trade Notifications are instructed via their specific notification method to the relevant Fund Accounts with in the agreed cut off for each fund's NAV point.
- Trade Re-Allocation processing and monitoring
- Filing Transaction Records - Ensure that all trades are filed in a standard coherent manner enabling easy retrieval
£45k - 55k
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
London10th Floor, The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
gb 0207 389 6900