GBP45000 - 60000 / annum
March 1, 2018
Robert Half currently recruiting for a Finance Controller to join an engineering company based near Wincanton with a reputation for innovation.
Robert Half currently recruiting for a Finance Controller to join an engineering company based near Wincanton with a reputation for innovation. The role is a direct replacement for the previous Finance Controller, they pride themselves on a collaborative and fun working environment which leads to great tenure across all lines of business.
- To provide financial support and guidance to business unit directors/managers.
- To support the FD in key financial aspects and support the business as necessary.
- To own the monthly forecasting process and take a lead role in preparing the annual business planning process.
- To lead the month-end close process, providing insightful commentary on key monthly variances for the results and presentations to the business where appropriate.
- To provide key management information for the monthly meeting
- Produce monthly financial reporting packs and other ad-hoc reports for Division and Group.
- Business partner to internal teams and divisional/group teams as appropriate.
- To assist in external & internal audits and ensure all aspects of compliance and control are met, working with the Risk and Compliance Manager.
- To contribute to the development of any financial models to evaluate the financial case for any proposed changes or commercial developments (in addition to business performance and continual improvements).
- Deputise for and work closely with the FD in relation to any information requests or support as required.
- Take ownership for the integrity of the balance sheets, ensuring effective controls are in place where necessary to support this.
- To develop, implement, review, monitor and analyse initiatives to improve the profitability and/or working capital of the business and to manage and mitigate business risks.
- Contribute to the business review of potential acquisitions, including involvement in due diligence reviews and finance integration of new acquisitions.
Key Requirements of the Financial Controller
- Have an accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Have strong IT skills including Accounting Software and ERP experience
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to manage stakeholders
Salary & Benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Private pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement