23rd April 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are proud to be partnering with a well established, PE backed technology organisation that has seen significant growth this year. This reputable brand has their head office in Slough, and now seeks to recruit a Financial Controller to directly partner with the FD and operational leaders. You will be responsible for a team of 7, and control all finance aspects of this fast growing group.
- To become progressively aware of all functions of the business and to take significant responsibility for accounting and administration activities.
- To provide clear objective direction and support to management on all matters relating to the financial and management accounting activities of the company.
- To manage, lead and motivate the accounts department, ensuring the efficient performance of accounting routines and controls.
- To direct and supervise the activities of the staff in the finance, accounting, administration and related functions.
- To ensure that the accounting function is fully integrated into the business.
- To work with the FD in preparation of financial forecasts, budgets and cashflow forecasts.
- To keep the plans up to date and keep managers informed of the impact of change.
- To provide accounting expertise and support to the business.
- Work closely with professional advisers in respect of achieving the commercial goals of the business.
- To direct company accountants in order to ensure the effective operation of the function, whilst contributing to the financial and business direction of the company and supporting the company's plans for the future.
- To prepare monthly management accounts and to ensure that the information is clearly presented in terms that can be understood by non-financial managers and to compare the result to budget.
- To analyse and interpret the accounts and propose required courses of action.
- To update financial controls and computerised accounting systems on an on-going basis.
- To ensure that the company's cashflows are re-forecast regularly and that the actual flows are compared to forecast on a period basis and take action when variances occur.
- To ensure that the monthly financial reporting package is submitted to the Board on time and that it is presented in as simple a form as possible with analysis.
- To maintain contact with FD and where appropriate auditors, bankers, insurance brokers and legal advisors.
- To review accounting policy and practice and to ensure that the highest professional standards are maintained at all times and in all areas of the business.
- To provide input into completion of statutory accounts and to liaise with the auditors both during finalisation of the accounts and as and when necessary during the financial year.
- To undertake ad hoc projects from time to time, as and when necessary.
This role would best suit a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or Cima), with experience of end to end accounting management and the ability to partner at Director / owner level.
Salary & Benefits
- A highly competitive base salary of up to £65,000 P/A
- Performance related bonus
- Pension 5%
- Private health-care
- 25 days holiday
- Trade discounts
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888