GBP35000 - 43000 / annum
10th January 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is working in exclusive partnership with Phynova Group to assist with a key hire into the finance function ahead of what will be a very exciting 2019. The position will be that of a Management Accountant and will evolve and grow in line with the business, reporting to and being supported by the CFO on this exciting journey.
If you are hungry for success and desire to grow your career within a small organisation that is set to experience significant growth in the next 12-18 months, then this could be the role for you. The successful candidate will be in a great position as the company grows its infrastructure in line with revenue growth and ultimately opens doors within the finance function for progression opportunities
Who are Phynova?
Phynova is a life science company that develops proprietary natural healthcare products from active compounds found in plants
Phynova began at the Oxford Science Park in 2002 with a vision of discovering drug candidates by applying new cutting edge technology to medicinal plants. It later broadened its focus to include the development of natural functional ingredients for the consumer healthcare and food industry, which resulted in our blood glucose management product Reducose®. Phynova has also added development and registration of several new OTC drugs under the guidelines of the EU's Traditional Medicinal Herbal Products (THMP), the first of which is Phynova Joint and Muscle Relief™.
It is an exciting time at Phynova as it seeks to commercialise its portfolio, it has recently signed its first global distribution agreement for Reducose® and a number of large food, supplement and health businesses such as Nestle, GNC and Holland & Barratt are trialling its use in their products for release in the next 12 to 18 months. Accordingly financial activity in Phynova will pivot from primarily focused on investment in R&D to B2B, B2C and E-comm income from USA, China and Europe.
Phynova is structured as a group of companies in UK and China, a USA subsidiary is expected to be established in the very near term. The role would require the processing and managing finance as a whole and provides great exposure to a finance department of a global company, delivering management accounts on a monthly basis and providing P+L analysis to the Executive team and other stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:
- Trial balance maintenance and balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of the Fixed Asset register
- Completion of VAT Returns
- Reconciling and administering banks and company credit cards in China, UK and US
- Short term cash management
- Perform the Accounts Payable process and payment runs,
- Production of management accounts for 4 entities, including foreign consolidations and providing commentary
- Variance Analysis between actual and budgeted or targeted levels of performance
- Margin and Profit Analysis
- Co-ordinate long term financial planning and budgets
- Prepare Corporation Tax computations and R&D Tax Credit claims
- Production of Statutory Accounts to completion of audit and reports
SOUNDS GREAT, DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to work in a dynamic environment and be part of a team who want to deliver to the highest standards.
What skills do I need?
- Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant
- At least 3 years' experience of management accounts
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- High attention to detail
- Confident communicator
- Enthusiasm to work in a growing business
- Ability to work autonomously, making decisions, planning and taking ownership
- Very well organised, detail-oriented and ability to manage a changing workload
- Knowledge or experience of Management Accounting, VAT Returns, Online Banking Systems
- Actively studying towards a formal accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- The desire to progress and build a career within a like-minded business
Please note, all third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Half.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
SwindonSuite B, Ground Flr,
The Stella Building,
Whitehill Way, Swindon
gb 01793 571900