£50,000.00 - £60,000.00 / annum
21st September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Financial Controller, Manufacturing, Woking!
Robert Half are currently partnering with a well-established manufacturing company who have recently been acquired by a global multi-billin turnover organisation. Due to this there has been a restructure in the business, and they are now looking to bring onboard a Financial Controller to work closely with the Finance Director, whilst managing a team of 7.
This role would suit someone who enjoys being hands on and being in the thick of things, if you flourish in an environment that is ever changing and challenging this could be the role for you! My client is currently on an incredible journey, they have had 35% year on year growth for the past 3 year, they want a driven and ambitious individual to come on board that wants to be part of this exciting journey.
If this role sounds of interest, you should apply below to find out more!
- Manage monthly, quarterly, annual financial reporting, including the submissions for Group consolidated reports, focusing on accuracy, reasonableness, and adherence to GAAP, statutory and corporate policies
- Seek to continually improve financial processes and systems - Identify actions and define procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, guarantee the reliability of the accountancy data, track the company's financial status and performance to identify guidelines and areas for potential improvement
- Preparation of annual budget and periodic forecasts; support with analytical analysis the review and the approval process
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company's actual performance compared to the budget and forecasts.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts, identifying opportunities for improvement on cash generation
- Prepare presentations and financial reports for the Board of Directors, Leadership Team, and other stakeholders
- Provide insightful information and expectations to the management to aid in long-term and short-term decision-making.
- Develop performance analyses: prepare KPI's, track key performance measures for the different divisions and product groups and implement indicators improvements;
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Set up the appropriate and reliable internal control system, ensuring that the company adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Design and administer accounting policies and controls, adopt and maintain Group financial policies and procedures
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as they relate to operations, capital projects, make or buy, and other critical financial aspects
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (Revenue, COGS, Margins, Cash Flow, …), highlighting historical trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances
- Provide support to external auditors, and supervision of the year-end audit process
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified or QBE
- Prior experience in a Big4 is considered a plus
- Deep knowledge of local accounting principles - knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP is a plus
- Energetic and self-motivated individual with a willingness to take ownership of projects
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills - knowledge or experience with HFM (Hyperion) is a plus
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organised
My client is based in Woking, offering free on-site parking but are also easily accessible via public transport. They have modern offices, inside it is all open planned with lots of glass meeting rooms. The culture is open, inclusive and fun, if this sound of interest to you apply below to find out more!
Salary & Benefits
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750