£130,000.00 - £150,000.00 / annum
29th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
£130,000 - £150,000 + Exceptional Benefits (Share Scheme & Equity)
Group Finance Director vacancy - Central Surrey
Robert Half are delighted to be managing an exclusive and retained search to secure a new Group Finance Director for an exciting and rapidly growing professional services organisation based in Woking.
The Group Finance Director will be in charge of overseeing and driving their international growth strategy and supporting the CEO and Managing Director on all commercial decision making.
The Group Finance Director will also have to be able to influence and advise the strategic board on the direction of the business, keeping one eye on risk and the other on commercial potential.
We are looking for a strong technical accountant who can run a finance function, mitigate risk, deal with advisors, drive commercial change and lead all strategic initiatives.
Our client wants someone who can bring a different perspective to the board and provide constructive, challenging and articulate alternative options and ideas! We want an innovative leader who can demonstrate strong commercial skills, energy and passion.
This is a unique opportunity that is offering brilliant exposure and autonomy, it would enable someone to join a very diverse leadership team embarking on some fun and exciting growth.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team CEO, Managing Director and strategic board on all company financial and commercial matters.
- Lead all strategic projects, both in the UK and Internationally to manage risk and commercial growth.
- Generate ideas and implement where agreed to help the business create more value and customer engagement.
- Assist the Managing Director with the financial knowledge and organisation and implementation of mechanisms and structure required for international growth.
- Review monthly financial performance and recommend actions to keep all business units on target.
- Set and review corporate financial performance targets.
- Provide leadership and manage the Finance team to ensure the production of accurate and timely financial information.
- Oversee and review and take responsibility for all aspects of budgets, business plans and audits.
- Responsible for cash flow and borrowings and the management of debtors.
- Negotiate with the Company's Bankers and raise debt as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for all financial compliance work.
- Take responsibility for all Company Secretarial duties including share offers, EBT, AGMs.
- Manage the company's portfolio, both owned and leased, negotiating with tenants and finalising lease details with lawyer.
The successful Group Finance Director must be a qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) and have a strong academic background and technical accounting / commercial mindset.
Your personal qualities and qualifications
- You will be a qualified Finance Director with experience in the professional services sector and with international experience
- Have excellent commercial business acumen with international experience
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be a decisive and strategic thinker
- Have the ability to challenge and provide constructive criticism
- Be perceptive and diplomatic
- Have strong interpersonal skills and high levels of emotional intelligence
- Be highly motivated and a clear thinker who is able to demonstrate creative problem solving
- Be a strong team player who can work in a multi-disciplinary team
This role is based in central Woking. There is parking on-site however they are commutable from the train station.
This is a brilliant role, great people but the chance to join at an exciting growth period.
The successful Finance Director is likely to be a qualified accountant (ACA) with a strong academic background. A strong proven track gained working across an international business.
This is first a foremost a technical finance and holding company role with the visibility and influence to drive commercial change.
Understanding a professional services business would really help, dealing with customers, billing for time and projects, whilst understanding long term contracts.
A rapidly expanding global professional services business.
£130,000 - £150,000 + Exceptional Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750