£18,000.00 - £23,000.00 / annum
24th June 2019
Accounting and Finance
About the Company
Our client is an independent boutique accountancy practice with a fast-growing branch seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working accounts assistant to join their small busy team.
Due to expansions of our client's York branch they are seeing an ambitious Accounts Assistant to join their friendly and warm team. If your aim is to join good practice as well as the chance to enhance your skill set and widen your client exposure you are in the right place.
In order to be considered for this role you must:
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance
- Production of a full set of financial statements from the trial balance
- Completion of client VAT returns
- Completion of a client's payroll
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquiries and staff Responding clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Ideally level 4 AAT with bookkeeping experience
- At least 2-3 years in accountancy practice in the UK
- Good systems experience QuickBooks/Xero preferable
- Experience in preparing accounts to trial balance & producing a full set of financial statements from the trial balance
- Experience of completing client VAT returns
- Experience in completing a client's payroll
- An ability to develop good working relationships with both co-workers and clients
- An ability to work without direction where necessary
- Good attention to detail
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills and proficient IT skills including the ability of using Microsoft Word & Outlook
- A highly ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working individual wishing to progress and keen to make a difference in this practice
- Very effective organisational skills with strong verbal/written communication skills
- Be honest, trustworthy, flexible, respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to adapt & cope with organisational change
- Although not essential it is desirable for the candidate to also have experience in using Receipt Bank, a bookkeeping automation software package which links to QuickBooks.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Career progression as there will be opportunities for progression Our client has a realistic business plan which will lead to the opening of a second branch within next year.
- ACCA Study Support
- Contributory pension scheme & other benefits
So, what are you waiting for? You've got down to here which means there's a lot of things looking right, drop us your CV and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
LeedsGround Floor, Sterling House
gb 0113 242 8978