The Robert Half FTSE 100 CEO Tracker
What is the standard profile for a FTSE 100 CEO? And what is the most common route to the top? Even if you’re not heading for the boardroom just yet, view our slideshare to find out the most common route to becoming one of Britain’s top bosses.
Covering the latest insights into boardroom trends and diversity, you’ll find out:
- How the FTSE 100 CEOs got where they are today
- Does age or educational background boost your chances?
- Is having a financial background key to success?
Interim management: the solution in a talent-short market?
92% of CFOs cite challenges finding skilled finance professionals, attributing to a lack of technical experts, sheer demand, and a shortage of commercial skills. Find out how senior professionals like you are responding to the skills shortage in our CFO Insights Report on interim management.
With research from the Interim Management Association (IMA), this snapshot report also includes:
- Demand for finance interims
- State of the interim job market
- Specialist skills in-demand right now
CFOs at forefront of risk management
The effects of the financial crisis continue to drive fundamental changes in companies’ approach to financial risk management.
The third in our CFO Insights series takes a look at the challenges finance leaders are facing around risk management and how businesses approach risk since the financial crisis. The report addresses:
- How finance leaders are coping with the extra workload.
- Why managing cost is the single biggest issue.
- How the financial crisis has contributed to the heightened concern.
Findings of the report are taken from the C-Suite independent research carried out with CFOs and FDs across the UK in small, medium and large businesses.
Challenges at fiscal year end
For most finance and accounting teams, financial year end is the busiest and often most demanding time of year. On average, finance team members each work five extra hours on top of their normal working week in order to manage fiscal year end.
This new report looks at challenges finance teams encounter when managing your fiscal year end. The CFO research highlights:
- The use of temporary accounting staff to cover busy periods of work, including fiscal year end, is now part of normal business practice.
- 34% cite motivation of permanent staff as their biggest challenge.
- 64% of CFOs/FDs plan to engage temporary staff to help manage their 2013 fiscal year end.
What's keeping CEO's awake at night?
Throughout the economic downturn, the CFO and finance team have played a critical role, providing strategy and financial stewardship while confronting critical issues like cash flow, regulation, corporate governance and business growth.
With multiple and often competing priorities, CFOs face a growing tide of responsibility and a mounting number of issues that may keep them awake at night.
This new report looks at the issues that are facing UK finance leaders:
- 53% highlight the national economy as a key external concern.
- Internal challenges include cash flow, particularly for small and private companies.
- 35% cite lack of time to complete work and projects within the finance team