A personal assistant (also known as a ‘PA’) works closely with senior staff to support them in their daily workload by removing administrative and logistical tasks.
Because PAs work on behalf of senior business leaders, they should be extremely reliable, should possess excellent interpersonal skills and be well presented.
An assistant role comes with a great deal of responsibility and is best suited to professionals who can multitask and organise their time efficiently.
PA job description and responsibilities
Personal assistant duties are largely administrative and secretarial. Because the role is tailored to the needs of individual senior staff members, PA tasks can differ from company to company.
Examples of typical daily tasks:
- Calendar management
- Call screening and taking messages
- Reporting and data handling
- Making travel, event and meeting arrangements
- Liaising with staff, senior management and external contacts
- Writing documents and correspondence on behalf of senior staff
As well as offering one-on-one support, a personal assistant job description can also include working on accounts and budgets, and working with administrative systems.
Personal assistant qualifications, skills and experience
It is not necessary to hold a degree to be considered for this role, but an employer’s requirements would include proven experience in essential administration tasks. Other personal assistant skills and experience might include:
- Project coordination
- Research and presentation
- Ability to manage and delegate tasks to others
For personality and fit, employers look for candidates with the following qualities:
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- An adaptable approach to work
- Ability to form and maintain strong working relationships
- Excellent communication
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to multitask
Are you looking for personal assistant jobs? You can find our latest vacancies here.
GBP11 - 13 / hour
5th April 2019
City of London
GBP30000 - 30000 / annum
14th March 2019
GBP28000 - 30000 / annum
8th March 2019
GBP28000 - 35000 / annum
3rd April 2019
GBP35000 - 40000 / annum
13th March 2019
GBP17.00 - 18.00 / hour
3rd March 2019
GBP19000 - 22000 / annum
21st March 2019
GBP15 - 16 / hour
15th April 2019
GBP30000 - 35000 / annum
8th April 2019