Front end developers are responsible for the look, feel and functionality of a website, app or web application. It’s their job to code the graphic interface that users interact with when visiting a website or using an app.
Front end developer job description and responsibilities
Web developers and front end developers focus on the creation and delivery of web applications across a variety of platforms. They are tasked with designing and coding websites to fit business specifications and should be proficient in both graphic design and coding.
A web developer job description includes:
- Liaising with designers and programmers for web-based projects
- The maintenance and enhancement of existing websites
- User experience testing
- Writing high-quality code
- QA testing
- Bug fixes
- Version testing
Developer qualifications, skills and experience
Front end jobs don’t require any specific qualifications, but plenty of technical and practical experience is helpful. Developers should have experience in some of the following areas:
- Versions control systems, like Git
- JS frameworks and front end frameworks
- Cross-browser coding
- Testing and QA practices
Employers hiring developers will be looking for professionals with some or all of the following qualities:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Good communication skills
Are you looking for a front end developer job? You can find our latest vacancies here.